• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Some of you will no doubt be aware that Vista and Windows 7 do not Support the ATI Radeon 9200SE. Here is a full solution for those of you with the Blue Screen of Death issue on Shutdown & Restart.

This is for the 32Bit version of Windows 7. I doubt this fix will function on the 64Bit version of Windows 7.

1) Download the Windows 2000 Driver for the Card from the ATI Website. Use option 2 (Driver Only) or from Here

2) Once the download has completed, simply right click it, click properties and run it in Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, also tick Run as Administrator.

3) After applying the settings, run the download. Let it extract, and then allow the Installation to complete, however decline the option to restart immediately.

4) Now, go to the System32 Folder and cut the ati2dvag.dll to your desktop.

5) Log out, and log back in. By this point, your graphics will look terrible and you'll be cursing me but have faith!

6) Take the ati2dvag.dll and paste it back into the System32 folder.

7) Restart your PC.

You've done it! No more Blue Screen of Death.

Note; This tutorial may work on other ATI Cards no longer supported by Windows 7, but do it at your own risk. Winxperts accept no responsibility for loss of data, limbs or life.
There is a chance this will work with Windows 8 too.

--

If you do have to go back to Windows XP, use This Guide to make it look and feel like Windows 7

• Iam Bondok likes this

#2 NGT7

NGT7

• 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

Thanks!! It worked for me!!

#3 bc123

bc123

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Sweeeeet! Thanks, it worked like a charm. I was just about to wipe the box and reinstall XP when I found this. You are a lifesaver!

- Bob

Some of you will no doubt be aware that Vista, and now Windows 7 do not Support the ATI Radeon 9200SE. Here is a full solution for those of you with the Blue Screen of Death issue on Shutdown & Restart.

1) Download the Windows 2000 Driver for the Card from the ATI Website. Use option 2 (Driver Only).

2) Once the download has completed, simply right click it, click properties and run it in Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, also tick Run as Administrator.

3) After applying the settings, run the download. Let it extract, and then allow the Installation to complete, however decline the option to restart immediately.

4) Now, go to the System32 Folder and cut the ati2dvag.dll to your desktop.

5) Log out, and log back in. By this point, your graphics will look terrible and you'll be cursing me but have faith!

6) Take the ati2dvag.dll and paste it back into the System32 folder.

7) Restart your PC.

You've done it! No more Blue Screen of Death.

Note; This tutorial may work on other ATI Cards no longer supported by Windows 7, but do it at your own risk. Winxperts accept no responsibility for loss of data, limbs or life.

#4 atsaunier

atsaunier

Admin-Owner

• Management
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

Glad it helped, Welcome to winxperts :)

#5 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

hey, just glad we could help :)

#6 Persian Boy

Persian Boy

• 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

It`s COOL ! You Saved Me ! Thank`s

#7 atsaunier

atsaunier

Admin-Owner

• Management
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Glad it worked for you, Wlecome to winxperts :)

#8 Chris C

Chris C

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

Hi guys
Coming at this same issue from a different angle - I have just bought a new desktop PC running Windows 7. My old XP machine had a Radeon 9200 SE fitted - is there any point in transferring the card into the new machine?

#9 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Chances are the new graphics card on your windows 7 pc is superior even if its built into the motherboard. I would leave the ATI Radeon 9200SE in your XP machine :)

#10 Chris C

Chris C

• 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Chances are the new graphics card on your windows 7 pc is superior even if its built into the motherboard. I would leave the ATI Radeon 9200SE in your XP machine :)

Thanks!

#11 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

No problem :)

#12 ape777

ape777

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

This worked for me also -- after at least 8-10 hours over 4 days trying to fix the problem. I was very near the end of the road trying to make this work. Much thanks!!

#13 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

No problem, glad we could help :)

#14 indo

indo

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

No problem, glad we could help :)

Hey, did this guide before chrismas, worked fine for some time, but now i get suddenly blue screens and windows restarts. Anybody whit the same problem? Really annoying when you try to do some work.

And Suggestions?

#15 Hedayatollah

Hedayatollah

• 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

thanks
that's work for me too but aero effects not work.
can i do any?

#16 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

thanks
that's work for me too but aero effects not work.
can i do any?

This card does not support aero i'm afraid. :)

The fix lets you change resolution and lets Windows 7 recognize the card without causing Blue Screen of Death.

Hey, did this guide before chrismas, worked fine for some time, but now i get suddenly blue screens and windows restarts. Anybody whit the same problem? Really annoying when you try to do some work.

And Suggestions?

If this fix has worked fine without issue then i would guess that you have another Hardware/Driver issue not related to the graphics card. That said, your graphics card is old and could be dieing.

Have you recently installed any new hardware/software?
Do you have any other legacy hardware that isn't designed for Vista/Windows 7?
Have you recently used System Recovery?
Is your computer overheating?
Do you have an up-to-date firewall/antivirus?

#17 Jim-1

Jim-1

• 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi, VenomFX

I just read your solution about the ATI graphic card which I am using this moment. I plan to upgrade my OS to windows 7 if possible. I did not find the solution for my above graphic card yet. I will have to go to the alternative solution as you suggested. There are a few points I did not very clear, please help.

1. I can certainly go to ATI website to download the windows 2000 driver for the 9200 SE card. Because the windows 7 does not support the card, how do I do the fixing as you suggested? or even the windows 7 does not support the card but still displays a watchable screen?

2. As you said,

I have already download the driver in the step 1, why I need run the download here again? What will be download here (Step 3).

3. Some people suggested windows vista driver usually works with Windows 7. In the above case, which driver is better, windows 2000 or windows vista?

#18 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

The Vista driver fails to work in my experience, causing a BSOD.

When i say 'run the download' i mean open the file you downloaded.

follow the instructions above and you'll be fine.

#19 Jim-1

Jim-1

• 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

Thank you very much for your information.
I will follow your instruction and do it step by step.

#20 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

No problem, all the best :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users