Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Finlay

Finlay

• 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

I all,
I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom.
A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes.
The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device.
I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup.
Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the proceure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!!
The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems.
Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk?
Thank you

#2 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

First of all, Welcome to Winxperts. I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

By the sounds of things, because it worked fine prior to using Windows Update it seems as though the problem is related to an update for either the device or your motherboard. Please check the installed updates by doing the following: type "Windows Update" in the start menu and then open the Windows Update control panel and then you can click "View Update History."

Please check to see if any updates were installed for the device or your motherboard with regards to the USB Human-interface device(s) [HIDs]. If it happens to be that an update was installed, please uninstall that update and see if the problem persists.

If you could can you please provide me with specific details of your computer's components (i.e. motherboard model -- if your system is custom built)? If you system is not custom built, please give me the manufacturer and the product model number. Also, can you please give me the details for your external hard disk that you purchased, the model number and manufacturer?

I will gladly look into the issue for you if you can please provide the above details.

Thanks!

William
William Johnson - Winxperts Administrator - Xbox Live Gamertag: Computerpro2 - Twitter:@Computerpro2

#3 Finlay

Finlay

• 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

the computer is a asus A7Sv which I have already updated the chipset driver.
The hard drive is a Freecom ToughDrive Custom 500GB.
Meanwhile thanks
Bye

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vista

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users