1 reply to this topic

#1 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

[Windows 7 Spotlight!] Create New Libraries in Windows 7

In previous versions of Windows, managing your files meant organizing them in different folders and subfolders. In Windows 7, you can also use libraries to organize and access files by type, regardless of where they?re stored.

A library gathers files from different locations and displays them as a single collection, without moving them from where they?re stored. There are four default libraries (Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos), but you can create new libraries for other collections.

To create a new library

1. Click the Start button, click your user name (which opens your personal folder), and then, in the left pane, click Libraries.

2. In Libraries, on the toolbar, click New library.

3. Type a name for the library, and then press Enter.

4. Next, right-click on the new library icon and select ?Properties? from the context menu.

5. In the properties window, click the ?Include Folder? button and browse to the location or folder you would like to include in the new library. Currently libraries are limited to 50 included folders, however you can have as many sub-folders in the included library folder(s) as you would like.

There are several things you can do with a library once you?ve created them, and we will cover them in a future Windows 7 Spotlight! article.
William Johnson - Winxperts Administrator - Xbox Live Gamertag: Computerpro2 - Twitter:@Computerpro2

#2 DJD

DJD

God

• Management
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Technology and driving my Mini.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

Nice man, i didn't know they finally implemented this in Windows. I remember Longhorn used to sport this but they removed it when they changed it into Vista.
No shit Sherlock!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 7 Tweak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users