• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

well my motherboard issue in the troubleshooting area was a precursor, the motherboard appears to be dead, so I'm now looking at a brand new build mostly new parts in addition to the listed below new parts, I'll be added in 2 500GB HDD's and a Blu-ray burner.

Case: ANTEC Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case
Power Supply: Corsair TX 750W
Motherboard: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n w/ DualDDR3 1600
CPU: [b]Intel Core

#2 atsaunier

atsaunier

Admin-Owner

• Management
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

nice specs :ph34r: wheres mine

#3 Pcpro745

Pcpro745

Director of Traffic

• Site Director
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

Bah another intel, Nice but its a Intel
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

Bah another intel, Nice but its a Intel

what is that supposed to mean? 12MB L2 Cache, 45nm manufacturing process, and quad core, that from what I can tell uses 60W. I did look at the AMD side of things, if you have a comparison between Intel Vs AMD CPU's I'd be happy to look into it, I'm looking for the ultimate in performance be that AMD or Intel.

#5 DJD

DJD

God

• Management
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Technology and driving my Mini.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

what is that supposed to mean? 12MB L2 Cache, 45nm manufacturing process, and quad core, that from what I can tell uses 60W. I did look at the AMD side of things, if you have a comparison between Intel Vs AMD CPU's I'd be happy to look into it, I'm looking for the ultimate in performance be that AMD or Intel.

Shawn is an AMD fan boy, he would use an 160MHZ CPU if that was the only thing AMD would make :)
Nice specs man! But why only 2GB of ram?
No shit Sherlock!

#6 Pcpro745

Pcpro745

Director of Traffic

• Site Director
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:26 AM

haha DJD is so right! AMD 100% baby!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Shawn is an AMD fan boy, he would use an 160MHZ CPU if that was the only thing AMD would make :)
Nice specs man! But why only 2GB of ram?

lol :D the reason for the limited amount of ram is I'm trying to keep the cost of the system 'low' but I'm over my anticipated budget. TBH I'm not entirely sure what performance gain my system would receive right now, but if I start to notice a slowdown at a later point and see the memory being used up, I'll likely consider the upgrade. :D

#8 DJD

DJD

God

• Management
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Technology and driving my Mini.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

lol :) the reason for the limited amount of ram is I'm trying to keep the cost of the system 'low' but I'm over my anticipated budget. TBH I'm not entirely sure what performance gain my system would receive right now, but if I start to notice a slowdown at a later point and see the memory being used up, I'll likely consider the upgrade. :D

Well if you are still using XP 64bit then you don't really need 4 GB unless you multi task a lot like i do, but if you are using Vista i would highly recommend 4 GB of ram.
No shit Sherlock!

#9 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

Well if you are still using XP 64bit then you don't really need 4 GB unless you multi task a lot like i do, but if you are using Vista i would highly recommend 4 GB of ram.

TBH I set it up as a dual boot, XP X64 does most things, but Vista IS HDCP compliant and XP X64 is not. So for my Blu-ray watching, I'm forced into using Vista... the only other thing I can think of in terms of needing more ram is if the games start getting greedy with memory, I doubt it'll get that far though. :D

As far multi staking, I usualy have like 20 tabs open in firefox, e-mail client open and several over program running not to mention the 25 icons by my clock on the taskbar. :) I can get Firefox using large ammount of memory.

#10 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

Nice spec's man, nevertheless, I would have 4GB of ram whether or not your using XP x64 or Vista. Personally, I would run Vista x64 over XP x64 any day. Vista has so much more to offer (and you pointed out one of them already).

For a great benchmark on Vista x64 see the following link...
http://blogs.zdnet.c...ardware/?p=1772

EDIT: The above article also highlights performance with an AMD Phenom 9700 (quad-core).
William Johnson - Winxperts Administrator - Xbox Live Gamertag: Computerpro2 - Twitter:@Computerpro2

#11 StevoJD

StevoJD

Established Member

• Established
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

I suggest you skip the Antec Nine Hundred, I've had two so far and they're awesome for getting stripped screw holes on the hard drive bay. (y)

#12 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

I suggest you skip the Antec Nine Hundred, I've had two so far and they're awesome for getting stripped screw holes on the hard drive bay. (y)

...I already ordered the parts... :)

#13 StevoJD

StevoJD

Established Member

• Established
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

Ah, not to worry then. :) Antec has good support, they will ship out any part to you as long as you have a receipt to show.

#14 Beta-guy

Beta-guy

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

it looks like they are having trouble getting the Corsair HX 1000W Modular Power Supply, I've done some looking around, and I'm liking the Silverstone Olympia OP1000, there is something that concerns me about it, but from the reviews I've read it looks like a performer. The other option is the Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W Modular Power Supply, and I'm not too sure about this one, if anyone here has any idea on these 2 PSU's let me know please.

#15 gamer_pro_2000

gamer_pro_2000

Established Member

• Established
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

Nice rig. I've never had good luck with Corsair RAM though. I had a chip come in the box cracked in two :) .
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users