• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

The Lenovo A7-50 feels surprisingly solid and well built and despite being a low-cost device. It feels comfortable to hold and use for long periods of time. As budget tablets go, it isn't too bad!

lenovo-tablet-a7-50-front-1.jpg

While the Lenovo Launcher that ships with the device isn't terrible, i found the Google Now Launcher easier to use and much cleaner. Once i'd finished configuring the device, i used the tablet to perform basic tasks. I was pleased to find that it ran Kitkat without any issues and that it was able handle the apps one would expect to run on a tablet of this price point. 

Jargon Buster: The Launcher on an Android device is responsible for the homescreen, menu's and to some extent how these look and function

Some extra apps shipped with the device but most can be disabled and/or removed completely.

The 2mp Front-Facing camera quality wasn't fantastic but it was acceptable for Skype calls. The Rear camera isn't all that great either, but for occasional use it's perfectly adequate. 

Sound clarity and volume was acceptable. I was able to enjoy youtube videos and games. 

Battery life was a tad disappointing. You'll see looking at the apps i had that i didn't really push the tablet that far, yet i was conscious that the tablet didn't last long between charges. 

Apps Tested:

Baconreader
Angry Birds
Need for Speed
Chrome
Youtube

Quality: 4.0 out of 5.0
Performance: 3.8 out of 5.0
Value: 4.2 out of 5.0

Verdict: Ideal for first tablet or as an extra device around the home. Not cutting edge hardware or design but certainly very capable! 

Specifications

• 7 inch HD (1280 x 800) wide-view display
  • MTK 8121 1.3Ghz quad core processor
  • 1Gb memory
  • 16Gb storage expandable by up to 32Gb using microSD card slot
  • Wi-Fi
  • 5 Mp rear and 2 Mp front camera
  • Bluetooth® 4.0
  • HSPA+ 21Mbps (DL) / 5.76Mbps (UL)
  • H 198, W 121, D 9.9 mm

Official Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic