xp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MGadAllah

MGadAllah

• 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hi

I have a lot of .wmv video files that I would like to upload to my website, according to my minimum settings I have a 1 hours = 102 MB

This is a large video size for me and I would like to convert it to something like .ra or .ram or .flv or any other extension, so this way I can have a small size and be able to upload it

Please advise for the best or suitable video converter I can use as there are too many to pick any from

Thanks

#2 MGadAllah

MGadAllah

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

A gentle reminder please.

#3 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

Hi again MGadallah,

Sorry for not getting to your post sooner, it just slipped by, thanks for bumping it so it could get answered.

I personally use Xilisoft HD Video Converter, I think it works great for converting videos to other formats and it's fast. You can download a trial version at Xilisoft's website. It works great on Windows 7 and Windows Vista as well, I have been using it since it's release!
William Johnson - Winxperts Administrator - Xbox Live Gamertag: Computerpro2 - Twitter:@Computerpro2

#4 MGadAllah

MGadAllah

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for replying.

What about the size for the resulted file?

Please note that I'll upload the resulted file to my website and I am trying to have a small with good quality file as possible.

Thanks

#5 Karl

Karl

Missing In Action

• Management
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

i would imagine you can use it compress, try it and get back to us :)

#6 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

Generally if you encode your videos in H.264 (mp4) format they will be reduced greatly and have great quality but will reduce the footprint of the original file (with the videos I converted, 1GB + were generally around 5xx MB to 7xx MB).
William Johnson - Winxperts Administrator - Xbox Live Gamertag: Computerpro2 - Twitter:@Computerpro2

#7 MGadAllah

MGadAllah

• 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

1GB + were generally around 5xx MB to 7xx MB).

Please what do you mean by this?

#8 Computerpro2

Computerpro2

Superior Member

• Management
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

When I converted an High Definition video file from it's original format to H.264 I was able to get it down to nearly 750MB by using Xilisoft HD Video Converter. The High Definition video file I converted was 1.09GB and it ended up being 750MB after conversion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users